4/30 Manson Track Records Broken
Manson Track Records Broken!
Coach Kurt Toolson reports:
April 30, 2013
As a coach, I try not to get
too up or down about our teams performance in any given meet. There are
so many kids participating in lots of different events so it's almost
inevitable that there will be some good things, some ok things, and some things
that aren't good at all.
Except for last night ~ It was all good! In the 4 years I have been
coaching this was easily the best results I have seen our kids have from top to
bottom. Let's start with the new school records.
1. Raechel Vanderholm topped the school record in the discus with a throw
of over 94'.
2. The girls 4 x 200 relay team smashed the school record by over 2
seconds with a time of 1:58.9. The team includes Aylee Neff, Bianca
Vergara, Delacey Machus, and Itzel Castro.
3. Itzel Castro beat her own school record in the 200m by over half a
second with a time of 28.34.
4. Aylee Neff topped her best in the triple jump by 5 inches, going
The number of personal best efforts are so numerous, it's going to take some
effort to list them all. But each athlete deserves the recognition.
Let's start with the field events.
1. Alex Vanderholm went 43' in the shot put for the first time. He
won that event and the discus as well.
2. Willy Picton had a super meet, breaking his pr in the discus by an
astonishing 15' and placing 2nd overall. He also had a pr in the shot.
3. Joe Toolson had a huge 10' pr in the javelin and another pr in the
shot by over 2'.
4. Raechel Vanderholm placed 2nd in the discus with her new school record
5. Alyee Neff got 2nd in the triple jump with her new school record as
6. Andre Hannah added another 6 inches onto his long jump pr and placed
Onto the running events.
1. Lots of prs in the 100m on the team, but the times were handheld or
unofficial so we aren't sure of their accuracy.
2. Jana Russell got a pr in the 100 hurdles and is close to breaking 20
seconds which would be a good accomplishment.
3. Sam Thomas had a great meet, going 5:05 in the mile and 11:27 in the
3200, both personal bests.
4. The boys 4x100 relay team ran a season best time despite botching a
couple of handoffs. Still room for improvement!
5. The girls 4x100 relay team beat their season best time by over a
second and are approaching the school record in that event.
6. Paul Toolson knocked another second off his 400m time, running 54.4.
7. Juan Chavolla took two seconds off his 400 time, going down to 57.5.
8. Bianca Vergara took almost a full second off her 300m hurdle time.
9. Oscar Mendoza topped his prs in 2 events. Running a 2:26 800m
and 5:23 1600.
10. Itzel ran her new school record in the 200m, getting 2nd place
11. Jesse Russell ran a new pr in the 200m.
12. The girls 4x400 relay team placed 3rd overall and ran under 5
13. The boys 4x400 relay team ran 3:47, which is a great time and placed
As a team the boys placed 3rd out of 11 teams and the girls placed a
respectable 5th out of 11 teams. The teams that beat us have over twice
as many kids as we do, so I feel like we are really holding our own despite
We have one more meet on Friday at Liberty Bell before we gear up for the
league meet the following Thursday in Oroville.