4/20 Track - Quincy
Track Compete at Quincy
Coach Toolson reports:
The Manson Track team had a
fairly successful day at the Quincy Invitational on Saturday. It was a
pretty breezy day so that made it difficult for personal bests to be achieved,
but many good efforts were still accomplished. The Quincy meet had 25 schools participating,
including 17 1A and 3 2A schools so the competition was top notch. It's
tough for a smaller school to have much success against the best athletes from
bigger schools. Nevertheless, I thought we still competed well.
Some of the individual highlights:
1. Alex Vanderholm was our top finisher, placing 4th in the discus and
8th in the shot put. His discus throw was only 3 inches off the school
record, which he holds.
2. Paul Toolson finished 5th in the triple jump, beating his personal
best by 3 inches. He also ran well in the 400, getting another personal
best by over a second. He actually placed in the top 8, but there was a
computer error in the scoring that moved 5 or 6 kids ahead of him.
3. Andre Hannah got a pr in the long jump by over a foot.
4. Juan Chavolla ran the 800m to a 5 second pr.
5. The boys 4x100 relay team ran a seasons best time.
On the girls side:
1. Aylee Neff got another pr in the triple jump.
2. Raechel Vanderholm filled in admirably for Itzel Castro in the girls
relay and also ran a good time in the 400m.
3. Jana Russell had a huge 10' pr in the javelin as well as a pr in the
4. Delacey Machus ran to a half second pr in the 100m.
Our next meet is Friday at Cascade in Leavenworth.