4/16 Track - Eastmont
Manson Track at Eastmont
Coach Toolson reports:
Manson competed in the
Eastmont Invitational on Tuesday night. We had several outstanding
performances. It was not a perfect meet, as there is still room for
improvement, but there was lots to be encouraged about as well.
Most notably, we had 3 new school records set! Alex Vanderholm has been
flirting with the discus record for several meets and he finally got over the
hump on his first throw last night. He spun the disc 136'1".
That is currently ranked first in our district and 4th in the state.
Aylee Neff got a 14" pr in the triple jump and extended the school record
Itzel Castro ran as well as I have seen her run in 4 years of track and broke
the school record by almost .5 seconds in the 200m. Her time was 28.97,
the first Manson female to ever run under 29 seconds for this distance.
There were not team points kept at this meet, but we would have stacked up very
well team wise.
Other notable efforts:
1. Raechel Vanderholm got a huge pr in the 100m and also won the discus
event with a throw over 85'.
2. The girls 4x100 relay team bettered their season's best time by over a
second and placed 2nd overall.
3. Itzel Castro laid down the 2nd best time in the district this year in
4. Andre Hannah nudged his 100m pr down a couple of hundreths.
5. Sam Thomas knocked his pr down in both the 1600 and 800, clocking 5:12
and 2:23 respectively.
6. Joe Toolson dropped his 1600m pr by an astonishing 20 seconds.
7. The boys 4x100 relay team got 2nd place despite some sketchy baton handoffs.
8. Paul Toolson won the triple jump with an effort of 38'9" which
now leads the district this year.
9. Delacey Machus had a very nice 200m race, lowering her pr by almost 2
10. I also thought Oscar Mendoza ran well in the 800m.
Our next meet is one of our favorites- the Quincy Invitational on Saturday,