The regular season of track and field is winding down as we participated in our penultimate competition on Tuesday, May 1 at the Bridgeport Invitational. There were about 15 schools there. The team competed at a high level and appears to be peaking at the right time of the year.
In particular, the boys team is really coming on strong. We finished in 2nd place only 4 points behind the winners, Liberty Bell.
There were many great individual efforts that will be listed below.
1. Marcus Vanderholm won 3 events, the 800m, the 1600m, and the 3200m. It was a valiant effort running the 3 longest events all in one meet.
2. Casey Sorensen won 2 events, the shot put and the discus. He got personal bests in both events and is ranked 3rd in the state in the shot put now.
3. Bailey Stevens won the 100m.
4. Paul Toolson placed 2nd in the triple jump and 3rd in the 800m. Paul got personal bests in both events.
5. Sam Thomas placed 4th in the 3200m and 5th in the 1600m.
6. Alex Vanderholm placed 5th in both the shot put and discus. His shot effort was a pr.
7. Ty Harding placed 7th in the long jump.
Also notching personal bests yesterday were Joseph Toolson in the 100m and 800m.
The girls team had were some good efforts individually.
1. Our highest finisher was Aylee Neff, placing 5th in the 100m.
2. Eli Leyva placed 7th in the 400m.
3. Makenzie Gallaher had a huge 4' pr in the shot put.
4. Natalie Martinez had a nice pr in the shot put as well.
Our final regular season meet is this Friday at the Liberty Bell Invitational.