4/23 Track Quincy
On Saturday, April 23, the Manson Track and Field team participated in the Quincy Invitational. It finally was a great track day weather wise, with temperatures in the 60s and just a light breeze. Manson had some great results to show for it as well.
Some of the notable performances:
1. Alex Vanderholm continues to progress each meet, with personal bests in both the shot put and discus. He has moved into the top 10 in our district in both events.
2. Casey Sorensen logged personal bests in the shot put and long jump, as well as a 6th place finish in the discus.
3. Ty Harding had a pr in the 200m.
4. Paul Toolson had a 2 second pr in the 400, breaking the 59 second barrier.
5. Jesse Russell had a good pr in the 1600, notching a 5:25.
6. Marcus Vanderholm had a pr in the 400 and placed 7th in the 800.
7. Bridger Machus had a nice pr in the 100m, breaking the 14 second barrier for the first time.
On the girls side:
1. Both Stephanie Quiroz and Bianca Vergara had prs in the 100m.
2. The girls 4x100 team had a nice 2 second season best. Quiroz, Vergara, Ofelia Rodriguez, and Itzel Castro are on the team.
3. Cheyanne McFadden had a huge 17 second pr in the 1600, smashing through the 7 minute barrier down to 6:43.
4. Both Natalie Martinez and Mackenzie Gallaher had prs in the field events.
5. Maria Chavolla had a good run in the 3200, notching a seasons best time.
The team is fighting through various injuries that have limited several kids. We hope with some rest and common sense, we can be back to full speed by next week.
Our next meet is Friday at the Kodiak Invitational in Leavenworth.