10-27-10 Tennis Association
A Chelan High School varsity tennis player serves up a ball to an opponent at Lake Chelan Shores. Coach Marty Rothlisberger is currently working at setting up a local tennis program for community members and a follow-up meeting will be held Thursday evening beginning at 6 p.m. at Lake Chelan Shores. All parties interested in seeing a tennis program begin in Chelan are encouraged to attend.
Follow-up meeting scheduled for
local tennis programs
Meeting to be held at Lake Chelan Shores on
Thursday, October 28 at 6 p.m.
An informational meeting with a USTA (United States Tennis Association) representative in late September has brought together a group of Chelan valley citizens interested in bringing tennis programs for all ages to the Lake Chelan Valley. The group has scheduled a follow-up meeting to do some concrete planning. The meeting will take place on Thursday, October 28th at 6:00pm on the 3rd floor of the Lake Chelan Shores registration building.
Agenda items include:
1) The formal formation of the Chelan Valley Community Tennis Association
2) The formation of adult tennis leagues in the valley for the purpose of recreational play and tournament entry
3) Incorporating tennis in the “Afters” offerings in our schools
4) Getting interested “kids’ coaches” to Quick Start workshops (Quick Start is a modified tennis format for younger children – smaller court, etc)
5) Coordinate Quick Start trainees with potential camp offerings through the city parks department
6) Plan a “Tennis Block Party” to introduce tennis programs to the valley in the spring of 2011
7) Discuss the potential of hosting a recreational non-USTA tournament in fall 2011 as a test run
8) Discuss the facilities necessary to run tennis programming
Any and all are invited to attend. If you have any questions, call Marty Rothlisberger at 682-1954 or email email@example.com